Occasionally, customers require assistance to set up Windows XP or troubleshoot an installation. If you are working in a business setting, possibilities are high that a network manager will have an automated (or semi automated) installment approach in position, so you have to know with the types of automated setups that you might encounter. If you are supporting a house user or a small network, it is more probable that you will assist individuals mount Windows XP from CD-ROM, so you should recognize with the choices that must be made throughout installment.
Prior to mounting Windows, you must determine whether the computer fulfills the minimal hardware requirements for the installation. The hardware needs for Windows XP Professional and also Windows XP Home Edition are as complies with:
– CPU – It calls for a 233 MHz Intel Pentium II/Celeron or AMD-compatible processor, although a 300 MHz cpu (or higher) is highly advised. Its Professional supports up to 2 processors.
– Memory – Microsoft Windows XP requires a minimum of 64 MB of random access memory (RAM), although 128 MEGABYTES or more is advised. Generally, the more memory a computer running Windows has, the better the performance. It supports a maximum of 4 GB of RAM.
– Hard disk space – It requires 1.5 GB of free space for installation. You might need added disk space depending on the applications and also features you choose to set up.
– Display – It needs a Super Video Graphics Array (SVGA)-compatible or better display screen adapter, with a display with the ability of 800 x 600 resolutions.
– Input gadgets – The computer has to have a keyboard and also a Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or other directing gadget.
Recommended–> : screen recorder for windows
– CD-ROM – The computer should have a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive if you will certainly be carrying out Setup from CD-ROM.
– Floppy disk drive – The computer has to have a high-density 3.5″ drive if you will certainly be performing Setup across the network making use of a network client or boot disk or if your computer does not support starting with the Windows XP installment CD.
– Network adapter card – The computer needs to have a network adapter card proper for your network if you will certainly be carrying out Setup from a network installment point.
Occasionally, individuals require assistance to set up Windows XP or troubleshoot an installment. If you are sustaining a house user or a small network, it is more most likely that you will assist users install Windows XP from CD-ROM, so you should be familiar with the choices that need to be made during setup.
– Memory – Microsoft Windows XP requires a minimum of 64 MB of arbitrary access memory (RAM), although 128 MEGABYTES or more is advised.